Sunday, January 10, 2010

Parents Mentality

I am very lucky to have my parents who have now understood the finer things in life and at which winning is not everything. I am taking up this topic just for one reason...how winning is important to parents which might not be so much for their kids.

Aunt from US: Hey you look tired?
Me: Yes
AFUS: Why?
Me: Was playing cricket for four hours.
AFUS: Ohh! nice! so did you win?
Me: Yes...(i wanted to say..i really don't care if I win or lose all I did was had fun.)

Yes, yes I don't have kids and don't know much about it though no formal studies on that but basic nature is...why are parents so sucked up on did you win or not?

The questions should be Did you enjoy your game? or Did you learn something new?

Here they are emphasizing all about winning and losing in a cricket match which is played in a ground with guys who just want to have fun on a weekend.

Another interesting story which I heard was this in a Parents and kids counseling room:

Counselor: So tell me what would you like your kids to become?
Parent 1: Engineer
Parent 2: Doctor
Parent 3: CA
kept on going till the last one.
Counselor: mmm interesting...so no one wants their kid to become a well behaved and helpful human being....

Look at all the things which we do today is run a rat race even which we win we are still a rat...quoted by someone which I don't remember. Parents compare ohh look at XYZ he has gone to US and you are still here...the kid would just think and say see what Mr. Nandan Nilenkani or Mr. Sunil Mittal has done and you are still here.

So to all the parents out there..I know it is a big bad world out there but if you constantly remind your kid about it surely they will be shit scared to go out there and enjoy instead just run around.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: